Interested in gaining exposure to the venture capital world while working with innovative startups? Distributed Ventures is seeking a Summer and a Fall Associate located in NYC or Chicago to support the fund’s investment efforts throughout the Insurtech, Fintech, and Digital Health industries.
Since first opening our doors in 2018, we’ve had the opportunity to work with numerous high-growth startups and accelerate their growth from seed to exit. As we expand, we’re looking to hire an Associate to support our portfolio companies and assist with future investments.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Summer and Fall Associate to assist with a variety of investment related activities, including market research, sourcing, due diligence, financial modeling, and portfolio support. Through this role, you will gain deep exposure to the business of venture capital and learn the principles and processes of early-stage due diligence and transactions. You will learn from market shaping technology companies and work with numerous individuals in the technology ecosystem, including innovators, investors, and technical experts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct market research on investment themes and emerging trends within the Insurtech, Fintech, and Digital Health industries.
- Assist with sourcing new investment opportunities.
- Conduct financial analysis related to potential investments.
- Analyze portfolio performance, including monitoring key performance indicators as well as evaluating and supporting follow-on investments.
- Conduct returns and liquidation waterfall analyses.
- Lead, run, and organize diligence efforts and calls.
- Utilize the fund’s platform to connect portfolio companies to customer targets.
Ideal Candidates Bring:
- Graduate level study and/or work experience in a comparable or related role in a venture capital, private equity, management consulting, investment banking, equity research or startup.
- Passion for technology and entrepreneurship, with an ability to distill insights from complex market dynamics in order to identify attractive investment opportunities.
- Results driven, detail-oriented self-starter who can drive work streams independently.
- Strong communicator with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort establishing conviction related to investment themes and defending positions.
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic, and drive to learn continuously.
- Strong excel and powerpoint skills.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited degree-seeking academic program.
- Internship Work Period: Must be available to work full-time (approximately 40 hours per week) during a 10–12 week period between May and August. For Fall associates, must be available to work a part-time schedule (approximately 15–20 hours per week).
What You Get:
- A dynamic job with lots of exposure to startup founders and executives, other investors and a venture fund’s operations.
- Training and mentorship from seasoned investors, and the chance to build relationships with best-in-class entrepreneurs.
How to Apply
Submit your application via this link. Please indicate a preference of NYC or Chicago in your application and Summer or Fall Associate Role. Include a response to the following questions:
- Please share an investment area /emerging trend within Insurtech, Fintech, and Digital Health that you are interested in and why. (250 words or less)
More About Distributed Ventures
Distributed Ventures is a strategic venture capital firm that invests in early-stage Insurtech, Fintech, and Digital Health companies from Seed to Series B. We partner with remarkable entrepreneurs who are transforming the future of risk across all of our investment verticals to accelerate their momentum and help drive pronounced demonstration of product market fit. Distributed Ventures focuses on opportunities where NFP and other LP’s can lend distribution support, apply its human capital and expertise (spanning employee benefits; medical, property and casualty, and life insurance; wealth management and financial planning, among other financial services), and leverage existing product and data to accelerate growth. Select representative investments to date include Indio Technologies (acquired by Applied Systems), MoneyLion (IPO’d via a $2.4B SPAC deal), TrustLayer, Kindbody, Vivante Health, Wingspan, Relay and Harness Wealth.